- If you have just cooked a roast remove your joint from the pan and leave covered to stand. Drain away most of the meat juices leaving a thin layer.
- If you are making this gravy without a joint, just pop a small drizzle of olive oil in a pan.
- Put the pan on the hob and heat the oil. Then add the flour and stir in for a minute or so.
- Add the tomato purée and red wine. With about 200ml of warm water dissolve your stock cube and add this too. Season and bring to a simmer.
- Cook to your preferred consistency. For a much deeper flavour leave to simmer as long as possible.
Note: for chicken gravy swap the red for white wine.